Showing posts from April, 2017

First Things First

The Bottom Issue The first thing in the trailer build, and something I wanted to improve upon, was the underbelly.  The original camper used a sheet of asphalt board as the protection for the bottom of the trailer.  I'm guessing it lasted okay for the first ten years...but after I got it, over 50 years was shot. Front, curb-side, lower corner of trailer showing extensive damage to the asphalt board and exposure of the which some critter had made a cozy home. Temporary Deck Knowing that we were going to have to haul whatever materials we purchased for the new belly pan, we first installed a temporary deck on the trailer. We used 3/4" plywood, with the intention that this would eventually end up being our trailer floor. Temporary Deck

Makeshift Workshop

Public Storage to the Rescue Now that we had something viable to build upon, it was time to get serious.  Erin found a Public Storage location that was willing to rent us a 14' x 30' locker to use as a workshop.  The gal that ran it was kinda enamored with the idea of a vintage camper, I guess. Workshop Our humble workshop. Workbench made from saw horses an a blank solid door panel.